The old year ended, the new has begun and as I didn’t feel like writing two posts, you get a combined look back and ahead.
2017 has been a year of firsts
- The first time I’ve become part of a RPG group, where I wasn’t just a visitor.
- My first own Blog-thing (Fairy Tale Summer)
- The first time I had Guest Authors on my Blog
- My first time visiting Vienna and Budapest
- My first time at the Connichi.
- I had my first ever Tonsillitis.
- My first time at a book fair (BuchBerlin)
- My first proper publication (Wintermond)
- The first time I organized the writing of a story with more than one other authoress. (Adventskalender 2017)
- The first time I really felt like an authoress.
and maybe some other things I can’t remember right now.
I’ve also met a lot of incredible people through Blogging and the Nornennetz that I’m very grateful to and for.
What else did I do?
- I helped translate Gamers: The Series 0 and The Shadow Menace by Zombie Orhpeus Entertainment & Dead Gentlemen Production
- I started working on The Queens Wish.
- I participated in several Blog Parades, some concerning writing, others about books.
- I send in three stories for anthologies (one mentioned above, two don’t have a result yet, but one is the English version of an old story).
- Two more of my stories were published through the Bücherstadt Kurier.
- I revisited Prague and Kassel.
and so forth …
What does this year hold in store?
- I’ll be attending the Leipziger Buchmesse for the first time, I’ve already gotten accredited as Blogger.
- I hope to finish re-working an old Project and publishing it – infos on the progress can me found under the Hashtag #AKWP 😉
- I hope to finish at least one bigger project and potentially publish.
- I hope to get positive feedback from the stories I sent in.
- I want to do another Fairy Tale Summer, though not in Summer.
- I want to do another Nerd-Week, probably in the week from Free Comicbook Day to Gratis Comic Tag.
- I want to write more regularly.
- I want to keep at reading the books that are waiting for my on my to-read pile and try not to buy that many new ones …
I’m not sure if I’ll be travelling that much this year, but I guess I’ll concentrate on exploring Germany again.
But the one thing I have to consider most this year:
Do I keep blogging in English or do I change to permanently bilingual or even German entirely?
I haven’t gotten much feedback from English readers and with something published in German and me being part of a German network makes it kind of hard to only write in English … but both are quite exhausting …
I’ll have to think on this a little more – feedback appreciated.
Happy New Year! May all your plans and wishes come true!